Skip to content

Getting Married Abroad

You will need to contact the local authority in the country where you want to get married or enter into a civil partnership to find out what you need to do.

Your marriage or civil partnership should be recognised in the UK if you adhere to the specific country’s processes/laws accordingly, so you will not need to register it in the UK.

More information can be found on the UK Government website.